The concept of RAMSES is to build capacities in a Mediterranean partner country and within the European Research Area by improving scientific relationships, networking and development of the science and technology human potential, exchanging of know-how and experience between the participating partners, as well as by upgrading research capacities together with close bench and bedside co-operation of the Mediterranean Partner Country research entity in the field of understanding stem cell physiology and possible future therapeutic impact.
This shall provide our Mediterranean partner in Egypt the opportunity to develop a partnership through twinning actions with centres of excellence in Germany and Romania.
Based on the already gained expertise in the field of stem cell research, the Egyptian, Romanian and German groups have proposed to further join their efforts to advance the international stem cell research field to clinical applications for cardiovascular diseases.
- Nicolaidis, Kalypso and Nora Onar (2015), “Europe’s Post-Imperial Condition” in Behr, Hartmut and Ioannis Stivachtis, eds, Revisiting the European Union as an Empire. June
- Nicolaidis, Kalypso, “Southern Barbarians? A post-colonial critic of EUniversalism” in Echoes of Empire: Memory, Identity and Colonial Legacies, edited by Kalypso Nicolaidis, Berny Sebe and Gabi Maas, London: IB Tauris, 2015
- Nicolaidis, Kalypso, Claire Vergerio, Nora Onar Fisher and Juri Viehoff. “From Metropolis to Microcosmos: Europe’s New Standards of Civilisation.” Millennium-Journal of International Studies3 (2014): 718-745.
- Fisher Onar, Nora and Kalypso Nicolaidis. “The Decentering Agenda: Europe as a Post-Colonial Power” in Conflict and Cooperation, Special Issue on Normative Power revisited, June 2013, 48 (2) 283-303 48(2)
- Nicolaidis, Kalypso and Rachel Kleinfeld, “Can a Post-Colonial Power Export the Rule of Law? Element of a General Framework” w/, in Gianluigi Palombella and Neil Walker (eds), Relocating the Rule of Law (Oxford: Hart, 2009)
- Nicolaidis, Kalypso, “L’Union Européenne, puissance post-coloniale en Méditerranée ? » in Colonialism et postcolonialism en Méditerranée, sous la direction de Thierry Fabre, Marseille : éditions Parenthèses, 2004.